How Data Access and Data Loss Policies Affect Your Inbox
When Data Access and Data Loss Prevention Policies are enabled, you may encounter a number of alerts or message blocks, depending on the rules set by an XQ admin. This article discusses the types of notifications you may receive while creating or viewing these messages. The sections below include:
- Opening Blocked Messages (XQ Dashboard, Outlook Add-In, and Chrome Extension)
- Sending Blocked Messages (XQ Dashboard, Outlook Add-In, and Chrome Extension)
- Sending Auto-Encrypted Messages (XQ Dashboard, Outlook Add-In, and Chrome Extension)
Opening Blocked MessagesXQ policies can block emails from being sent or opened depending on certain criteria. Some examples are:
- Block messages from being opened in a certain country or IP address.
- Block messages if they are sent to a specific email address or email domain.
- Block messages that contain specific keywords (eg. Password, Confidential, etc.)